Individually and privately owned, each rental home reflects the taste of its Owners. Specialty items vary. Many homes have an Owner's Locked Closet. Tampering with locked closets will result in a charge to Guest's credit card. (See Security Deposit/Damages # 16). Every effort is made to assure accurate descriptions with no misrepresentation intended. HOBVR will not be held responsible for errors in printing, changes made by Owners or matters out of HOBVR control, e.g. noise, construction, weather, etc. Complaints regarding accommodations must be submitted in writing to HOBVR prior to checkout for consideration by the General Manager.
2. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation of a confirmed reservation must be received by that Guest, not a representative of that Guest. Reservations must be cancelled 7 days prior to arrival. Cancellations under 7 days and no shows will not receive a refund. The cancellation fee is 10% of the total rental. (Minimum $25.00.) Processing fees are non-refundable.
3. CHECK-IN: Check-In time is 4:00 p.m. Please remember that throughout the season each home in the HOBVR program must be readied for occupancy within a very tight time frame! In many cases, homes require maintenance repairs, additional cleaning time, etc. Guest 's arrival at 4:00 p.m. allows time to ensure that homes are clean and ready for occupancy and may lessen the waiting period. Early check-in may be available on a limited basis. To receive details, call and request information on early check-in and costs.
Gas fireplaces in cabins are seasonal and will be turned off June-August.
Maps and keys to your rental unit will be given at check in time. If you are arriving after hours, an after hours packet will be left for you as per your confirmation letter. We do not give out directions to a unit a head of arrival for the privacy of other guests. If you have several people arriving at different times, please call our office ahead of time and we will leave extra maps for them in the after hours mailbox.
4. CLEANING: To ensure that homes are well maintained, cleaning and cross-inspection will occur after each departure by HOBVR housekeeping. Guest is required to (A) Gather all trash and put in kitchen. (B) Wash and put away all dishes/pots/pans/silverware. (C) Ensure the home receives reasonable cleaning during your stay, i.e. vacuuming, sweeping, etc. (D) Leave furniture and other contents in original location and condition. (E) When departing, leave A/C at 75 degrees/Heat at 55 degrees (in most units). Failure to comply could result in a charge to Guest's credit card. (See Security Deposit/Damages # 16) Exit cleaning is automatically included in the flat rent that is paid by the tenant.
5. FORMS OF PAYMENT: Cash, money order, cashier's check, personal checks, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. HOBVR will send checks through the bank only once. There will be a $25 charge for any checks returned for insufficient funds or account closed and Guest's reservation would be cancelled immediately. All funds must be paid in U.S. currency.
6. HANDLING FEE: All reservations require a handling fee of $20.00. This fee is non-refundable and must be paid with Guest's Advanced Rent.
7. LOCK-OUT POLICY: In the event a Guest is locked out of the home during the rental period, Guest may borrow a key by coming to the office. After business hours, the Guest must call (812) 355-1914 and leave a message. A HOBVR representative will meet the Guest at the office. There will be a $20.00 service charge, ($30.00 if key must be delivered). This fee is to be collected at the time service is rendered. You are responsible for all keys given out for the rental of this vacation unit. If you do not return the keys to the Management Office at your departure, you could be charged for the price to change the locks and make new keys.
8. MAINTENANCE/REFUNDS: All equipment in each home should be in working order. Please report any inoperative equipment to HOBVR office promptly! HOBVR will make every reasonable effort to have the problem corrected. Under no circumstances will there be a reduction of rent or refund for loss of utilities, mechanical failure of air conditioning, heating unit, dishwasher, washer, dryer, TV, VCR, blender, toaster, or other appliances. While rare, all pools/hot tubs are subject to temporary closing due to extenuating circumstances. No refund or rent reductions will be given if this occurs. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER INCLUDING SNOW, ETC.
9. OCCUPANCY: The number of Guests occupying a property is limited to the number stated on the rental agreement. These limits are strictly enforced. All homes are limited to families, couples, or adults 24 years of age or older. Exceeding the specified occupancy constitutes a breach in the lease agreement and will lead to termination without refund of rent and possible credit card charges. (See Security Deposit/Damages # 16).
10. OFFICE HOURS: 9:00 A M. - 5:00 P.M. Monday - Saturday. We are closed on Sundays. We are open year around. Holiday hours do apply. CHECK-IN TIME 4:00 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT TIME 11:00 A M.
11. PERSONAL PROPERTY: HOBVR will not be responsible for personal items. Guests must send a prepaid envelope or package for return shipment. No CODs.
12. PETS: Absolutely no pets are permitted in or on HOBVR rental properties, except in designated pet friendly units. No exceptions will be made. If an allowed pet is left inside the rental unit unattended, it must be crated at all times. Your pets are not to be on any of the furniture. If you have a "lap dog" please brings covers for the furniture. Please clean up after your pets. Violation of this policy will result in immediate eviction with no refunds. A $30 pet fee is required for all Pet Friendly houses. Additional fees may be charged to Guest credit card to cover cost of cleaning, spraying, etc. INDIANA Laws with regards to SERVICE ANIMALS are followed.
13. SMOKING: Smoking is allowed in some of the rental units. Whether you are allowed to smoke interior or exterior, please do not flip the butts in the yards, fireplaces or outside; only use ashtrays to put out cigarettes. If evidence of smoking in a non-smoking unit, there will be a $250 charge put on the guest’s credit card (See Security Deposit/Damages # 16). If you are unsure of whether your unit is smoking or non-smoking, please call HOBVR at 812-988-6429.
14. RESERVATIONS: There is at least a two (2) night minimum. Last minute cancellations occasionally provide prime properties to become available. CALL US. To make a reservation: A) Plan the vacation dates: B) Select from HOBVR listings three or four appealing choices: C) On-line availability can be found at http://www.browncountylogcabins.com or call (812) 988-6429: D) One full night rental plus taxes, surcharge and handling fee must be paid at the time you make a reservation with a visa or mastercard: E) Once property is reserved, a confirmation will be e-mailed immediately to Guest. The remaining balance will be due upon arrival.
15. RESERVATIONS FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR: Hills O' Brown Vacation Rentals loves repeat guests! Advance reservations for the next year will be accepted. Owners and current year guests, respectively have priority. We do reservations only one year in advance for this reason. All normal reservation policies apply (see #14). All next year reservations booked in current year are subject to price increase.
16. SECURITY DEPOSIT/DAMAGES A credit card number must be provided for damages. Guest will be responsible for any damages or theft. Please report any damage upon occurrence. GUESTS CREDIT CARD WILL BE USED AS DAMAGE PAYMENT. Charges to Guest's card may include, but are not limited to: damages over and above normal wear and tear, theft, phone charges, excessive cleanup, unreturned keys, unauthorized late check-outs and unwarranted service calls. If a fee is charged, a letter will be sent to the Guest explaining the reason.
Should the Guest(s) dispute the the charges or the credit card limit on the card not be sufficient to cover the theft and/or repairs/cleaning required due to excessive use of the cabin, HOBVR reserves the right to charge the Guests(s) with vandalism and pursue collection from the Guest(s) with venue being in the County of Brown, State of Indiana. All reasonable attorney's fees will be at the expense of the Guests(s) should collection become necesssary.
17. SUBSTITUTION/NON-AVAILABILITY: Should the home confirmed by Guest become unavailable for any reason whatsoever, HOBVR will inform Guest immediately upon us being notified and/or prior to check-in whenever possible. Every attempt to relocate Guest to a comparable home will be made, unless Guests requests a full refund, in which case all monies will be refunded. Guest will be responsible to pay any rental amount on a substitute home that exceeds the original reservation amount.
18. TELEPHONES: Most of HOBVR homes do provide telephones for local calls only. To make long distance calls, Guests are required to use a credit card or calling card. If long distance charges are incurred during a Guest's stay, Guest will be charged $20.00 in addition to the cost of the phone calls.
19. FURNISHINGS: The Owner has furnished the unit with basic needs for housekeeping, cooking, etc. Linens, pillows and bedspreads are provided. Paper products, condiments, and cleaning supplies are not. Firewood is provided by HOBVR October-March for the interior wood burning fireplaces only. Wood is NOT provided for the outside fire pits (please do not use the wood furnished for the interior fireplaces in the outside fire pits). If renting cabins with permitted outside firepits, please bring your own firewood. Phones may be available. Pools, hot tubs, whirlpools and other special amenities will be maintained as well as possible but no refunds will be given with regards to the condition of these special amenities. Gas fireplaces in cabins are seasonal and will be turned off June-August.
20. LANDLORD SHALL PROVIDE: The property shall be in safe, clean condition and shall meet the building and housing codes. Owner repairs shall be made upon proper notification
21. LATE CHECK-OUT Unauthorized late check-outs shall cause the tenant to be charged up to twice the daily rental rate for any portion of day the tenant remains on/in the premises. This rent plus any and all legal fees or other expenses resulting from this late check out shall be paid by the tenant.
22. MAINTENANCE HOURS: Our maintenance department is on duty from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM seven days a week. There is a after hours emergency pager number in all units. You leave a message on a voicemail and it will page the person on call and they will get back with you. Please make sure that if you are calling from a cell phone, that there is a clear reception and we can get a clear call back number. All calls will be returned but only true emergencies will be handled after maintenance hours.
23. FAIR HOUSING HOBVR conducts business without respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or family status of tenant.
NOTE: Please remember you are coming to the country...bring sunscreen, bug repellant, etc. If you are allergic to insects or pollen be sure to bring your antihistamine. If you are lucky you will be greeted only by Brown County Lady Bugs upon your arrival. They are harmless and in fact quite beneficial to the environment. Always be aware there are some critters around that can be bothersome and even dangerous, including wasps, ticks, spiders, skunks & snakes. Do carefully watch your pets and small children near water & woods. We at HOBVR cannot control Mother Nature or her critters!
Thank You. Have a wonderful vacation
Please click on the button below to see the rates for our cabins